Spring Lake, Revisited
A Portrait Of The Victorian Era At The Jersey Shore
Featuring The Schreck Collection of Postcards and Photographs
By Patrick Smith
A Luxurious Collector's Edition, Beautifully Printed And Bound, With Many Features Not Found In Most Books...
• Oversized (12 1/4” x 12 1/4”) to enhance your reading and viewing experience
• Luxurious, raised embossed cover
• Precious 22 kt gold type and accents, stamped on the covers and spine, adding distinctive, classic beauty
• Superbly printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper that will not yellow with time
• Exquisite hand-sewn binding (Smyth-sewn), inspected at every stage, for extra strength and durability throughout the years
• Special translucent protective dustjacket for shelf storage
Hardcover with protective translucent dust jacket
Actual size: 12 1/4" x 12 1/4"
Spring Lake, Revisited
A limited-edition coffee table book that will take you back in time to turn-of-the-century Spring Lake and one of the Jersey Shore’s most charming and beautiful eras.
This limited-edition, oversized volume features more than 200 full color photographs of Spring Lake's Victorian era, a time of decorum and manners, grand hotels and magnificent mansions, and parasol strolls along the boardwalk.
Over three years in the making, each of Spring Lake, Revisited's images have been carefully preserved and digitally enhanced to reveal the ultimate view into Spring Lake's glorious past.
Author Patrick Smith (grandson of William Schreck, the one-time owner of The Sandpiper Hotel) presents his grandfather's collection of photographs with informative descriptions of each image that bring Spring Lake's past to life while revealing many details that are telling of the era. Smith's critical study of the photographs dissects the images as though they were paintings, pointing out all of the details and real life happenings of 100 years ago that reveal the humanity of the time.
Most of the scenes you'll view in this beautiful, haunting folio are now gone forever. Its eight chapters include:
• Panoramic Views of the town • On the Beach and Boardwalk
• A Visual Walking Tour Around the Lake
• The Grand Hotels • Churches and Houses of Worship
• Public Buildings and Private Clubs • Mansions and Other Private Homes • Street Scenes Around Town
Spring Lake, Revisited is a visual time machine that will take you back to one of the Jersey Shore's most enchanting towns and eras. It is a window into the past, a vision now preserved for future generations. Gorgeously printed and bound to the highest standards, Spring Lake, Revisited is a book that you, your family, and friends will treasure for years to come.
Books are not returnable or refundable.
We do not release your information to third parties.